Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Meet the Designer

Ever wanted to know more about Vanni Wang, our international fashion designer and creator behind all the our gorgeous garments at Lucio Vanni Bridal & Couture? We recently answered some questions for a blogger who wanted to showcase Vanni Wang on her page, and now we are letting you in on the interview!

 

• When did you know that you wanted to be a designer? Did you study a different subject and think that you would have a job in a different field before you knew you wanted to design?

I knew I wanted to be a designer when I was 15 years old. I went to school to get my Bachelors of Science in Business, but I continued to learn fashion illustration, textile design, and coloring on my own, while I was going for my degree.

• What does fashion mean to you?

Fashion means a lot to me. I used to use my candy money that my parents would give to purchase fashion magazines, fabric, and materials instead. I would look through Western Magazines to learn more about couture, design, and drawing. It became a huge passion, and has become my life’s work. 

• How would you describe Beachwood/Cleveland's fashion?

Women in Beachwood have a very conscious fashion style. They are more casual and traditional in their dressing compared to places like New York, but they do have a higher standard when it comes to their clothing. My hope is for women in the area to keep their desire for more fashionable apparel, and find their personal value and individual beauty through their apparel.

• What was the first article of clothing that you ever designed?

The first article of clothing that I ever designed was a pair of bell-bottom pants. I got the idea from reading my Western magazines. I created a pair for myself and when my friends saw them they all wanted a pair. From there, I began to take orders from my friends, make money, and buy more supplies and fabric to design and create more clothes. 

• What are some of your fashion goals?

My fashion goal is for Lucio Vanni to become an international luxury brand, just like a top European luxury brand. This is my dream.

• What are your favorite colors/patterns to work with and why?

My favorite pattern to work with is lace because of its texture and because it gives every woman a feeling of luxury. I also love working with lace because lace can be created and designed to be both classic and/or sexy. 

My favorite color to work with is black because it is a classic color that can be worn to any event. It is a multifunctional color that is slimming as well as sexy.

• What is your favorite part about being a designer?

My favorite part about being a designer is when I have finished creating a garment or a collection. You feel successful, accomplished, excited, and proud. 

Interviewer/Writer: Dana Papadopoulos
Designer: Vanni Wang

No comments:

Post a Comment